The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Credits Program for Nonprofits provides credit for cloud services to eligible nonprofits and public libraries throughout TechSoup. The AWS cloud platform offers access to high-powered computing, storage, data warehousing, development, analytics, content delivery, and other services to help nonprofits scale without investing in physical infrastructure.
This grant provides $ 2,000 in AWS credits valid for 12 months that can be applied toward usage fees for AWS on-demand cloud services , but other select Amazon Web Services are not eligible. Organizations may request one grant of $2,000 in AWS credits per fiscal year. See the Grant Details tab for more information.
Benefits for Organizations
If you already use or want to get started using AWS cloud services, you can use AWS credits to
- Save on IT costs by not investing in physical infrastructure and provisioning only the resources you need when you need them
- Increase giving through AWS advanced services to gather, process, analyze, and visualize data cost-effectively to make informed targeting and fundraising decisions
- Analyze big data pipelines, store petabytes of data, and share results with collaborators
- Equip volunteers, temporary employees, or other staff with virtual desktops on the fly without long-term licensing agreements
- Widen your global reach and deploy your solutions where they are needed
- Manage all of your organization's AWS cloud services, platforms, applications, and systems from one console
Amazon Web Services includes the following products, each of which provides multiple credit-eligible services.
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) provides a scalable, cloud-based alternative to virtual servers for additional computing power, including databases, enterprise applications, and migrations.
- Amazon EC2 Container Service allows you to run applications on a managed cluster of Amazon EC2 instances, eliminating the need to install, operate, and scale your own cluster management infrastructure.
- See the full list of services and learn more about Amazon Compute.
- Amazon Elastic Block Storage (Amazon EBS) provides persistent local storage for Amazon EC2, databases, data warehousing, enterprise applications, and more.
- Amazon Elastic File System (Amazon EFS) makes data available to one or more EC2 instances for content serving, enterprise applications, media processing workflows, and more.
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) connects data from any Internet location for user-generated content, active archives, serverless computing, and more.
- See the full list of services and learn more about Amazon Storage.
- Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, and Amazon DynamoDB are relational databases designed for quick deployment and management.
- Amazon Redshift allows you to store and manage petabytes worth of data.
- Amazon ElastiCache helps you deploy, operate, and scale in-memory cache.
- See the full list of services and learn more about Amazon Database.
- Advanced Computing: Amazon Web Services provide more high-powered computing services that enable capabilities far beyond traditional IT, including migration services, networking and content delivery, developer tools, and more. See the full list of Amazon Web Services options.
AWS provides Basic Support free of charge, which should be sufficient for most organizations' support needs.
If you want to upgrade to a Developer or Business Support Plan, you can pay for usage fees with your credits. However, AWS credits do not cover support launch fees. AWS recommends that you carefully review the plan details and usage fees before you make this decision.
The administrative fee for this grant is not refundable.
Obtaining This Product
When TechSoup approves your donation request, we will send a message to your organization email address with instructions for obtaining your credits.
Please consult the Amazon Web Services Credits Program for Nonprofits FAQ for information not listed in the table below.
This is the Amazon FAQ for each product to learn about system requirements and customer support.
AWS credits are not valid for any fees or charges for Amazon EC2 Reserved Instances, Amazon Mechanical Turk, AWS Marketplace, Amazon Route53 domain name registration or transfer, or any upfront fee for any service.
|AWS Account Required||
The recipient organization must have a valid AWS account ID with the organization name identified in the Account Name field to apply the credits.
If an organization does not have an AWS account ID, it must sign up for an AWS account before it can apply for this grant.
A credit card is required to open an AWS account.
Please consult the AWS Region Table to view service availability by region.
|Additional Service Costs||
An organization will be charged additional service fees in the following situations.
A credit card is required to pay for additional AWS service fees.
AWS recommends that organizations use Amazon CloudWatch to set up billing alerts to avoid unexpected charges.
|AWS Free Tier||
In addition to the AWS Credits Program for Nonprofits, AWS offers the AWS Free Tier for all new customers for 12 months following the organization's sign-up date. The AWS Free Tier is an offer that is separate from the AWS Credits Program. It allows new customers to use certain AWS services for free up to certain usage limits.
AWS recommends that potential grant recipients who are new customers sign up for the AWS Free Tier before they request this offer.
Note that receiving AWS credits will not reset the 12-month duration of the AWS Free Tier.
|Continuing Service After One Year||
The AWS credits provided by this grant are valid for 12 months after they are applied to an AWS account. Organizations may request one grant of $2,000 in AWS credits per fiscal year (July 1 to June 30).
After all credits are used or if they expire after 12 months, the credit card associated with an organization's AWS account will be charged at standard rates for all services used
|Previewing AWS Cloud Services||
Free trials are available for the following AWS cloud services.
Grant recipients can apply credits obtained through this program to any existing AWS account, including accounts created for a free trial.
|Existing Customers Eligible||
This grant is available to current or former AWS customers. Credits received through this program can be applied to existing AWS accounts.
|Follow-up Survey Required||
Grant recipient must complete a follow-up survey from AWS after receiving credits.